FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc. was founded on the belief that together as one, with the understanding and conviction that in unity there is strength, all Brothers are to preserve our concept of Brotherhood; defined as our commitment to develop collaboration and deep understanding among all Latino ethnic groups, other non-Latino ethnic groups, and to dedicate ourselves to uphold our responsibility to develop political consciousness and personal and spiritual strength to be a positive and constructive force to serve our communities.
It is this belief that Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc. makes the following statement, not for political reasons, but on the core values of Unity, Brotherhood, Respect, Culture and Pride:
As a men’s college fraternity, focused on developing men of great character on a college campus that values and appreciates the exchange of ideas from students and scholars from all over the world, many of our members and friends and family have been impacted by the recent signing of Executive Orders by the President of the United States related to immigration. The current executive order excluded many documented people with business outside of the US and other immigrants and refugees, from a certain list of countries. The security of our students, their friends and family members are a priority and the Executive Order does not align with those values, our values as an organization or the founding values of the United States. We are committed to upholding and enhancing the interests and aspirations of marginalized communities for the achievement of social justice for all. We will continue to advocate for those within our communities, including our Muslim brothers and sisters and those affected by the executive action.
Brothers who are interested in developing your political consciousness through legal and positive Social Movements should seek out those opportunities, under the individual guidelines of our national organization. Below are some resources that the national organization provides and resources from our partners in other organizations.
- #Lambdas4Reform – Get involved and stay updated on news and information as it relates to immigration reform. Online at facebook.com/lambdas4reform/
- Social Movement Guide – National resource on participating in social movements in your local community. Online at as/socialmovementguide
- Participate in the #ToImmigrantsWithLove Letter Writing Campaign to share your story. Toolkit online as/toimmigrantswithlove
- Informed Immigrant – Online at https://www.informedimmigrant.com/
- US – Take action towards immigration reform in 2017. Online at https://www.fwd.us/
- Fact Sheets and Resources on Trump Executive Actions on Immigration – Online at http://undocu.berkeley.edu/fact-sheets-resources-trump-executive-actions-immigration/
- Find an Immigrant Rights and Services Organization near you – Online at https://www.informedimmigrant.com/organizations/
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Executive Director Jarrod Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org.