On January 31, 2017, Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc. concluded the 2016 Latino Leaders Campaign. The Latino Leaders Campaign is our annual initiative in which we raise funds for our national philanthropy, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI), specifically for the R2L NextGen Program. The R2L NextGen Program is a leadership program developed by CHCI to provide high school students with the opportunity to visit Washington, D.C. for a week to acquire skills around civic engagement and leadership.
With the conclusion of our campaign, we would like to thank our brothers and our communities for helping us to raise funds to provide this invaluable experience for future Latino leaders. This year, Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc. raised a total of $17,734, which accounts for 81% of our goal of $22,000.
We want to highlight the work of our alumni members who are part of the Alumni Committee in the amazing work they did to raise the most money for CHCI. The following are the Top 5 Alumni Chapters:
- Lambda Gamma Chapter (New Jersey Alumni Chapter) Total Raised: $1,055.00
- Lambda Lambda Chapter (Chicago Alumni Chapter) Total Raised: $735.00
- Lambda Epsilon Chapter (Houston Alumni Chapter) Total Raised: $500.00
- Lambda Xi Chapter (Northern California Alumni Chapter) Total Raised: $310.00
- Lambda Beta Chapter (North Florida Alumni Chapter) Total Raised: $300.00
Additionally, our undergraduate members did some amazing work in raising funds through their respective sectors and undergraduate chapters/colonies.
The following are the Top 3 Sectors:
- North Carolina Sector 1 Total Raised: $1,832.00
- Texas Sector 2 Total Raised: $1,340.00
- Illinois Sector 1 Total Raised: 1,317.00
The following are the Top 5 undergraduate Chapters/Colonies:
- Beta Beta Chapter (University of Texas, Arlington) Total Raised: $830.00
- Gamma Sigma Chapter (North Carolina State University) Total Raised: $751.00
- East Carolina University Colony Total Raised: $689.00
- Gamma Upsilon Chapter (DePaul University) Total Raised: $533.00
- Alpha Psi Chapter (University of South Florida) Total Raised: $450.00
We would also like to thank our regional leadership for contributing to the CHCI philanthropy. We want to give a special acknowledgement to:
- North Atlantic Region 1 Leadership for raising a total of $1,025.00
- South Pacific Region 7 Leadership for raising a total of $750.00
Again, we want to thank all the brothers and those of our communities that contributed to the success of our Latino Leaders Campaign 2016. THANK YOU!
The start of our Latino Leaders Campaign will be March 15, 2017. All entities must have their teams created under their sectors by May 1, 2017. All chapters/colonies will have until January 31, 2018 to raise funds for their respective teams.
Tentative Important Dates
March 15, 2017: Start of Latino Leaders Campaign 2017
May 1, 2017: Deadline for chapters/colonies to create teams
September 15-October 15, 2017: CHCI Latino Heritage Month Challenge
November 28, 2017: Giving Tuesday
January 24, 2018: Brother Donation Day
We will be updating our schedule as we solidify our campaign initiatives. Additionally, we will be holding information sessions about CHCI and our plan for fundraising throughout the entirety of the Latino Leaders Campaign 2017.
Interested in being apart of the CHCI National Philanthropy Committee?
Please email Roberto Orozco at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a part of the CHCI National Philanthropy Committee. This committee will be tasked with developing a fundraising plan for the Latino Leaders Campaign 2017 in addition to disseminating information around our partnership with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI).